Saturday, April 3, 2010

Reading Some Books, Eating Some Food

Because I am a narcissist, I have this compulsion to write (in a public forum) about the books I'm reading and the food I'm eating. Of course, this is not exactly revolutionary, and I highly doubt anyone will read this, but at least it will provide me some sort of record, if nothing else.
Alex and I already have a blog, but this is the stuff that I think would bore him. Far better to put my long-winded ramblings in a blog-ghetto. Prepare yourself (who am I talking to?) not for insightful commentary on fiction or for sumptuous snapshots of cakes, but instead for uncomfortable personal stories that barely relate to something I'm reading and blurry, poorly-lit photographs of what I had for lunch.
I'll try to update soon with more details, but for now: I'm currently reading Snow Angels by Stewart O'Nan. Today I made an orange cream pie and at the moment I'm waiting for a poppyseed Bundt cake to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment