Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bundt Time

My favorite type of cake to make for special occasions is the Bundt. There's just something homey and welcoming about it. When you make a Bundt cake for someone, in essence you're saying, "You're special enough for a cake!" while also saying, "Oh, this old thing? I just threw this together." The Bundt cake has a kind of casual elegance that transcends its dumpy name; Bundt just sounds way too much like "butt" for my liking, and who wants to bake a Butt Cake? I guess some people do.
This is another recipe from Joy the Baker. I really do make things that aren't from her website, but I have to admit that I made three of her recipes in the past two weeks. She's reliable, like the Barefoot Contessa of baking blogs. Like the Orange Cream Pie, I made this Poppyseed Cake with Blueberry Glaze for Easter.

I ate this after dinner and for breakfast and lunch the next day. That means it's versatile! Or it means that I have no self-control when it comes to baked goods.
Enjoy this money shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment